Our clinic was established in 1987 by Dr. Merrill Irvin and Dr. Thomas Hutto. Through the years, our practice has grown substantially. Along with our sister clinic, Northwoods Veterinary Clinic in North Charleston, we currently employ seven veterinarians and a support staff of forty. Our mission as a team is to provide high-quality veterinary care with an emphasis on exceptional client service and patient care.
In May 2011, we moved into a 15,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility designed to better serve our clients and patients. Among this clinic's features are:
- Two large and comfortable reception lobbies separated for dogs and cats
- Seven examination rooms
- A spacious treatment area where dental procedures, surgical preparations, minor surgical procedures, and a variety of medical treatments are performed
- A large laboratory for in-house bloodwork and other diagnostic testing
- Two surgical suites with advanced anesthetic machines and surgical monitoring systems
- An imaging room equipped with the latest technology, including ultrasound, endoscopy and laparoscopy
- Intensive care and post-operative recovery areas located near surgery and treatment
- Digital radiography for in-depth analysis of x-rays
- Separate cat and dog treatment areas and kennels
- A quiet room designated for euthanasia with its own side door exit
Our compassionate and experienced veterinarians and staff members are dedicated to ensuring that you and your pet receive nothing less than exceptional care each and every time you visit our practice.